What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Head to the launch of Beijing artist Liu Wei’s new book Trilogy, from 7 to 8.30pm at Galleria illy, Rosebery Avenue, EC1R. Free, including an Illy coffee, call 020 3328 5140 for more information.
Sup some of the best at this international Oktoberfest ale festival, all day until Sunday at the Alma, Newington Green Rd, N1. Free, call 020 7359 4536 for more information.
Hark at the Royal College of Music Concert for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Watch the UK premiere of Traces of the Trade, a film about the largest slave-trading family in US history as part of Islington Black History Month, from 2 to 4pm at the Kings Place, Yourk Way, N1. Costs �6.50 (�4.50 online) call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
Ingest a talk from leading British architect, David Adjaye, known for his ability to sculpt and showcase light, from 7 to 8.30pm Galleria Illy, Rosebery Avenue, EC1R. Free, including an Illy coffee, call 020 3328 5140 for more information.
Make your own clothes at this weekly knitting club led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Free, call 07515647208 for more information.
Make moves at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Join the De Beauvoir Gardeners on their coach trip to Sheffield Park and Wakehurst Place, costs �22 (including tip to driver), plus �11 entry to each garden for non-National Trust members, call 020 7249 4919 for more information.
Find inner medication at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.