What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Head to the launch of Beijing artist Liu Wei’s new book Trilogy, from 7 to 8.30pm at Galleria illy, Rosebery Avenue, EC1R. Free, including an Illy coffee, call 020 3328 5140 for more information.
Sup some of the best at this international Oktoberfest ale festival, all day until Sunday at the Alma, Newington Green Rd, N1. Free, call 020 7359 4536 for more information.
Hark at the Royal College of Music Concert for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Watch the UK premiere of Traces of the Trade, a film about the largest slave-trading family in US history as part of Islington Black History Month, from 2 to 4pm at the Kings Place, Yourk Way, N1. Costs �6.50 (�4.50 online) call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Ingest a talk from leading British architect, David Adjaye, known for his ability to sculpt and showcase light, from 7 to 8.30pm Galleria Illy, Rosebery Avenue, EC1R. Free, including an Illy coffee, call 020 3328 5140 for more information.
Make your own clothes at this weekly knitting club led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Free, call 07515647208 for more information.
Make moves at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Join the De Beauvoir Gardeners on their coach trip to Sheffield Park and Wakehurst Place, costs �22 (including tip to driver), plus �11 entry to each garden for non-National Trust members, call 020 7249 4919 for more information.
Find inner medication at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.