What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Head to the launch of Beijing artist Liu Wei’s new book Trilogy, from 7 to 8.30pm at Galleria illy, Rosebery Avenue, EC1R. Free, including an Illy coffee, call 020 3328 5140 for more information.
Sup some of the best at this international Oktoberfest ale festival, all day until Sunday at the Alma, Newington Green Rd, N1. Free, call 020 7359 4536 for more information.
Hark at the Royal College of Music Concert for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Watch the UK premiere of Traces of the Trade, a film about the largest slave-trading family in US history as part of Islington Black History Month, from 2 to 4pm at the Kings Place, Yourk Way, N1. Costs �6.50 (�4.50 online) call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
Ingest a talk from leading British architect, David Adjaye, known for his ability to sculpt and showcase light, from 7 to 8.30pm Galleria Illy, Rosebery Avenue, EC1R. Free, including an Illy coffee, call 020 3328 5140 for more information.
Make your own clothes at this weekly knitting club led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Free, call 07515647208 for more information.
Make moves at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Join the De Beauvoir Gardeners on their coach trip to Sheffield Park and Wakehurst Place, costs �22 (including tip to driver), plus �11 entry to each garden for non-National Trust members, call 020 7249 4919 for more information.
Find inner medication at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.