What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Get to know the layout and tools of a website with 400million users at Facebook for Beginners, from 10am to 12noon at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. Costs �10 (free to students/unwaged/volunteers), call 07515647208 for more information.
Grab your last chance to take the hidden Barbican tour and see behind the scenes at this influential venue, from
11:00am and 1,2,3,4 and 5pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �8 (�6 concessions) call 0207638 8891 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrate the season with Hallowe’en Hullabaloo, the party with plenty of treats and no tricks, from 6.30 to 9.30pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1 per session. Call (020) 7713 9304.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Get your fingers green at the Fortune Park gardening day, from 11am to 2pm at the Golden Lane Campus, Whitecross Street, EC1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Join a small, patient led, community support group on a sponsored cycle ride/walk in Highbury Fields to raise awareness of sickle cell anaemia and thalassaemia. To get involved call 07957 990129.
Relish the majestic beauty of the human form at this life drawing class, from 11am to 5pm at Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �45, including all materials, call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
Immerse yourself in an ancient Eastern discipline at these Chi Kung sessions, every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Learn self healing at weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Test your word knowledge with a spooky game of scrabble, all day at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 0203 343 9138 for more information.