What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Hark as the herald angels sing at the Claremont Singers Christmas Concert, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1.
Behold great folk music played straight from the shoulder with the The Boys of the Lough, from 7.30pm at Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �9.50, call 020 7520 1490 for information.
Set sail for a cruise down the river Fleet that takes in a huge carp and Kate Moss’s sauna, with Islington history expert Lester Hillman, from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1.
You may also want to watch:
Raise some money for charity during the festive season at the Help On Your Doorstep Christmas fundraiser, with stalls, music, raffles, activities for kids and more, from noon to 4pm at the Walter Sickert Community Centre, Canonbury Crescent, N1.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 5 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 8 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
Revel in the spirit of the season at the Angel Christmas Fair with affordable arts and craft, mulled wine and mince pies, from noon to 6pm Saturday and Sunday, at Candid Arts Galleries, Torrens Place, EC1. Free, call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
Join the cast of Cindrella, as seen at the Hackney Empire, for some seasonal japes, from 1 to 3pm at the N1 Centre, Parkfield Street, N1. Free, call 020 7359 2674 for more information.
Shop for that one-off gift at the Angel Craft Market, from 10am to 6pm at Chapel Market, N1. Free, call 020 7527 3046 for information.
Celebrate an alternative yuletide at the Duckie Christmas Market, with small scale craft makers, artisan food makers and underground artists, every day until December 30 in the ground floor of the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2.
Relax with an evening of acoustic music and storytelling at Live and Unamplified, from 7.30 to 11.30pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �3, call 020 7684 8618 for more information.
Toughen up these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Replenish yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.