What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy the music of folk singer of Peggy Seeger, from 8pm at Kings Place, York Way, N1. Costs �12.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information
Dribble, head and score at free football coaching for 11 to 19-year-olds, organised by the Copenhagen Youth Project, from 5 to 8pm at Bingfield Park, N1. Free, call 020 7833 0294 for more information.
Luxuriate in a concert for over 55s by the Royal College of Music, from 2 to 3pm at the at the Claremont Project, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Reawaken your creative spirit at this new intuitive, drawing and painting class, from 11am to 5pm at the Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �50 (including all materials) call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
- 1 Man arrested, cyclist seriously injured after alleged hit and run
- 2 Woman harassed by Claudia Webbe wanted MP 'to be humiliated'
- 3 MP Claudia Webbe loses harassment conviction appeal - but sentence reduced
- 4 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 5 Plaistow police officer to face GBH trial after man left paralysed
- 6 Mother Clucker! Fried chicken restaurant to open in Upper Street
- 7 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 8 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
Join a free conference bringing together Islington’s local groups, network organisations, volunteers, councillors and MPs to look at how to improve fairness, from 10am to 3pm at Islington assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Pick up a festive bargain with the toys, books, home produce, a cafe, raffle, tombola, facepainting and children’s games, from noon to 2pm at the St John’s School Christmas Fair, Conewood Street, N5. Email: email@example.com fro more information.
Gaze at an exhibition of 12 iconic punk album sleeve from pUKEs, London’s ukelele anti-society, from 5pm to 7pm at Filthy MacNasty’s, Amwell Street, EC1. Visit www.thepukes.co.uk for more information.
Explore European silent cinema with Battalion, one of the gems of early Czech film, accompanied by live piano, from 4pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �10.50 (�9.50 online), call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Enjoy the a party in the art deco splendour of one of Islington’s most venerable buildings at the Art of the Dog Afternoon Tea Dance, from 2 to 5pm at the Finsbury Town Hall, Rosebury Avenue, EC1. Costs �8/5/3, call 0781 5073229 for more information.
Develop iron discipline at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to 12noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity