What’s on in Islington this Weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Broaden your horizons with an afternoon of Mongolian Throat Singing for over-55s, from 2 to 3pm, at The Claremont, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402 for more information.
Witness the true versatility of the human vocals with Fork – the a capella rock group – from 9pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �13.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Luxuriate in a performance of Miaskovsky Symphony Number 10 by the BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Oliver Knussen, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets from �10, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Go green and learn how to build your own solar powered mobile phone charger, from 10am to 5pm, at the Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �50, including all materials, call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 4 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
Avoid woolly thinking at this knitting class from Charlene Sandy, from 11am to 12.30pm, at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, London, N7. Free, call 07515 647208 for more information.
Get going this weekend with a quick 5km run, from 9am, in Highbury Fields. Free, call 07745 974577 for more information.
Guffaw at these fun, easy laughter yoga exercises – the cheerful way to happiness, from 6 to 7pm, at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7. Costs �5 (�3 concessions), call 020 7609 6145 for more information.
Soothe any hangovers with Bloody Mary’s, Sunday roasts, newspapers and soul and psychedelia, from 1 to 7pm, at the Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7837 5371 for more information.
Treat yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday, at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.