What’s on in Islington this Weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Broaden your horizons with an afternoon of Mongolian Throat Singing for over-55s, from 2 to 3pm, at The Claremont, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 3402 for more information.
Witness the true versatility of the human vocals with Fork – the a capella rock group – from 9pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �13.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.
Luxuriate in a performance of Miaskovsky Symphony Number 10 by the BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Oliver Knussen, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Tickets from �10, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Go green and learn how to build your own solar powered mobile phone charger, from 10am to 5pm, at the Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Costs �50, including all materials, call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 3 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 6 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 7 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school
Avoid woolly thinking at this knitting class from Charlene Sandy, from 11am to 12.30pm, at the Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, London, N7. Free, call 07515 647208 for more information.
Get going this weekend with a quick 5km run, from 9am, in Highbury Fields. Free, call 07745 974577 for more information.
Guffaw at these fun, easy laughter yoga exercises – the cheerful way to happiness, from 6 to 7pm, at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Hilldrop Road, N7. Costs �5 (�3 concessions), call 020 7609 6145 for more information.
Soothe any hangovers with Bloody Mary’s, Sunday roasts, newspapers and soul and psychedelia, from 1 to 7pm, at the Lexington, Pentonville Road, N1. Free, call 020 7837 5371 for more information.
Treat yourself at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday, at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.