What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action
Check out the work of emerging artists, or display some of your own, at this painting and sculpture exhibition, from 12noon to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 12noon to 5pm on Sunday until February 19, at the Candid Arts Trust, Torrens Street, EC1. Call 020 7837 4237 for more information.
Catch a gig by YouTube sensation Terri Naomi, from 7pm at Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1. Tickets from �10, call 0844 8440444 for more information.
Develop iron discipline at these Chi Kung classes, from 8.45 to 9.45am on Saturday at Yogabase, in Liverpool Road, N1, from 6.45 to 7.45pm on Friday at Moving Arts Base, in Liverpool Road, N1 and 11am to 12noon on Sunday, in Providence Court, N1. Lessons cost �12/10 or �40 for a block of five, call 07973 622240 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Help Tufnell Park pub the Hideaway celebrate its fifth birthday with free booze, from 8 to 11.45pm at the Hideway, Junction Road, N19. Email email@example.com to reserve a place.
- 1 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 2 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 3 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington's John Ryder heads to Texas for big fight
- 6 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 7 Arsenal midfielder Jill Roord reported to be on Wolfsburg's radar
- 8 Row over ‘underhanded’ approach derails Amazon Fresh store opening
- 9 Highbury restaurant joins 'recipes against racism' campaign
- 10 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
Join an art class for all abilities, taught by local artist Jon Britten, from 2 to 4.30pm at Highbury Baptist Church, Highbury Place, N5. Eight sessions cost �60 (�35 concessions), call 07786 760437.
Create your very own bust of Barry White at Play with Clay, from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335 for more information.
Relax with an evening of acoustic music at Live And Unamplified, featuring five acts, from 7.30 to 11pm at The Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �3, call 020 7684 8618 for more information.
Search for the meaning of life at this philosophy forum run by the Stuart Low Trust, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Call 020 7713 9304 to register.
Challenge the sonic and dramatic conventions of the piano with a concert by Zubin Kanga, form 8pm at the Kings Place, York Way, N1. Tickets from �12.50, call 020 7520 1490 for more information.