What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy a mix of audio and visuals blended before your eyes at Cult, part of the build up to Oxjam Islington, from 6pm to late at the Chapel Bar, Penton Rise, N1. Suggested �3 donation, call 07835 173499.
Thrill to a So So Circus performance for the over 55s, from 2 to 3 at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 2402.
Bend it like Keira Knightly at these Arsenal football coaching sessions for girls aged 10 to 18 years old, from 6 to 9pm at Whittington Park Playground, Holloway Road, N19. Free, call 020 7704 4158.
You may also want to watch:
Help celebrate the second birthday of one of Islington’s quirkiest little venues, from 8pm to 2am at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Tickets cost �20 but include a range of drinks, call 020 7278 4335.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 5 Barnsbury homes evacuated after burst Thames Water pipe floods basements
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 8 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 9 Angel Comedy Club launches mockumentary series to save venue
- 10 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
See top DJs battle it out to win a slot at the Leeds festival, part of the build up to Oxjam, from 6pm until late at The Library, Upper Street, N1. Suggested �3 donation, call 07835 173499.
Pick up some quality locally grown produce at the Tufnell Park Market, from 11am to 3pm on Tufnell Park Road, N7. Free, call 0207 2723510.
Avoid the Olympic sports talk and test out some fine international beers in a sunny rooftop terrace, from 12noon to 8pm at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road, EC2. Free, call 0207 422 0958.
Turn those fingers green at this monthly gardening day, from 12.30 to 3pm at the Quaker Gardens, Banner Street, EC1. Free, email email@example.com.
Discuss Nietzsche and Rene Descartes at this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Turn your body into a well-oiled machine at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five lessons.