What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy a mix of audio and visuals blended before your eyes at Cult, part of the build up to Oxjam Islington, from 6pm to late at the Chapel Bar, Penton Rise, N1. Suggested �3 donation, call 07835 173499.
Thrill to a So So Circus performance for the over 55s, from 2 to 3 at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 2402.
Bend it like Keira Knightly at these Arsenal football coaching sessions for girls aged 10 to 18 years old, from 6 to 9pm at Whittington Park Playground, Holloway Road, N19. Free, call 020 7704 4158.
You may also want to watch:
Help celebrate the second birthday of one of Islington’s quirkiest little venues, from 8pm to 2am at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N1. Tickets cost �20 but include a range of drinks, call 020 7278 4335.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 9 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 10 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
See top DJs battle it out to win a slot at the Leeds festival, part of the build up to Oxjam, from 6pm until late at The Library, Upper Street, N1. Suggested �3 donation, call 07835 173499.
Pick up some quality locally grown produce at the Tufnell Park Market, from 11am to 3pm on Tufnell Park Road, N7. Free, call 0207 2723510.
Avoid the Olympic sports talk and test out some fine international beers in a sunny rooftop terrace, from 12noon to 8pm at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road, EC2. Free, call 0207 422 0958.
Turn those fingers green at this monthly gardening day, from 12.30 to 3pm at the Quaker Gardens, Banner Street, EC1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discuss Nietzsche and Rene Descartes at this philosophy forum, open to newcomers, from 4 to 6pm at a venue in Archway, N19. Free, call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Turn your body into a well-oiled machine at these Chi Kung sessions. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five lessons.