What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy some food and quality music as the Jeff Chambers Trio plays Latin jazz and improv, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Costs �5, call 020 7272 5566.
Celebrate the games with the Claremont Olympic World Festival for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 2402
Design your own tattoo while you enjoy a cocktail with no needles in sight, from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, in Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
You may also want to watch:
Improve your literary skills at this summer reading challenge, from 9.30am to 4pm at the Barbican Children’s Library, Silk Street, EC2. Free, call 020 7638 8891.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 5 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 6 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 7 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
Join in the Olympic spirit with this 5k morning run, from 9am at Highbury Fields, N5. Free, call 07745 974 577.
Get to grips with a mysterious Brazilian martial art/dance form at this Capoeira class for three to 16-year-olds, from 10.30am to 12.30pm at the Mayville Community Centre, Woodville Road, N16. Costs �35 a month, �20 concessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cool off in the hot weather with some ice skating all day at the Sobell Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �5.10, call 020 7609 2166.
Settle down with a Sunday roast with some Bloody Marys and the papers, all day at the Old Queen’s Head, Essex road, N1. Free Entry, call 020 7354 9993.
Remain sharp and focused at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five lessons.