What’s on in Islington this weekend
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Enjoy some food and quality music as the Jeff Chambers Trio plays Latin jazz and improv, from 9 to 11.30pm at Ajani Grill, Hornsey Road, N19. Costs �5, call 020 7272 5566.
Celebrate the games with the Claremont Olympic World Festival for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 020 7837 2402
Design your own tattoo while you enjoy a cocktail with no needles in sight, from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, in Caledonian Road, N1. Free, call 020 7278 4335.
You may also want to watch:
Improve your literary skills at this summer reading challenge, from 9.30am to 4pm at the Barbican Children’s Library, Silk Street, EC2. Free, call 020 7638 8891.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 2 Police search for suspects after teen stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 3 Council tax set to rise amid 'hand-to-mouth' Covid-19 government funding
- 4 Student on 'emotional' first day giving Covid jab to NHS workers
- 5 Call for tech donations to tackle digital divide in students
- 6 Man left partially blind after Islington robbery
- 7 E-fit appeal after teen partially blinded in Canonbury Road baton attack
- 8 Islington and Camden charity connects generations with winter project
- 9 Corporation Street fight: Boy, 15, stabbed in the face in the Cally
- 10 Royal Mail 'working hard' but Islington residents report ongoing delays
Join in the Olympic spirit with this 5k morning run, from 9am at Highbury Fields, N5. Free, call 07745 974 577.
Get to grips with a mysterious Brazilian martial art/dance form at this Capoeira class for three to 16-year-olds, from 10.30am to 12.30pm at the Mayville Community Centre, Woodville Road, N16. Costs �35 a month, �20 concessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cool off in the hot weather with some ice skating all day at the Sobell Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �5.10, call 020 7609 2166.
Settle down with a Sunday roast with some Bloody Marys and the papers, all day at the Old Queen’s Head, Essex road, N1. Free Entry, call 020 7354 9993.
Remain sharp and focused at these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30am and every Friday, from 6.45pm to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for five lessons.