What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Have a bite at this charity brunch/tea-party in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, from 13.30pm at the Mildmay Community Centre, Woodville Road, N16. Minimum donation �3, call 020 7254 7895.
Enter the Strictly spirit with these ballroom dancing session for the over 55s, from 2 to 4pm at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, London EC1. Costs �2, call 020 7549 8188.
Listen to the opera stylings of Chema Banuls and Nathan Tinker, from 2 to 3pm , as they return to the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Take an audio walk through the streets with an art installation that culminates under a giant mirror ball in Newington Green at Stars Down So Close, from 6.30pm at the New Unity Unitarian Church on Upper Street, N1. Free, and no booking required – download the audio from www.new-unity.org.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
Sup a stein and sample a sausage at this Oktoberfest celebration, every day until October 27 at the Bavarian Beerhouse, City Road, EC1. Free entry, call 0844 330 2005.
Grab some mates and get involved with football, trampolining, basketball, ice skating, dance and more, for 13 to 19 year olds, from 6 to 10pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �3, including 12 months Aquaterra membership, call 020 7689 9822.
Relish an afternoon of improvisation wizadry at Not So Silent Movies, where former Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker, composer Dario Marianelli and guitarist John Etheridge produce a spontaneous composition, from 2.30pm at King’s Place, York Way, N1.
Tickets from �12.50 call 020 7520 1490.
Stave off the Monday morning blues with this Berlin-style Sunday afternoon dance party from Native City, from 5pm to 12midnight at the Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �5, call 020 7684 8618.
Toughen up with these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 a lesson or �40 for five.