What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Have a bite at this charity brunch/tea-party in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, from 13.30pm at the Mildmay Community Centre, Woodville Road, N16. Minimum donation �3, call 020 7254 7895.
Enter the Strictly spirit with these ballroom dancing session for the over 55s, from 2 to 4pm at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, London EC1. Costs �2, call 020 7549 8188.
Listen to the opera stylings of Chema Banuls and Nathan Tinker, from 2 to 3pm , as they return to the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
You may also want to watch:
Take an audio walk through the streets with an art installation that culminates under a giant mirror ball in Newington Green at Stars Down So Close, from 6.30pm at the New Unity Unitarian Church on Upper Street, N1. Free, and no booking required – download the audio from www.new-unity.org.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 9 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Sup a stein and sample a sausage at this Oktoberfest celebration, every day until October 27 at the Bavarian Beerhouse, City Road, EC1. Free entry, call 0844 330 2005.
Grab some mates and get involved with football, trampolining, basketball, ice skating, dance and more, for 13 to 19 year olds, from 6 to 10pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �3, including 12 months Aquaterra membership, call 020 7689 9822.
Relish an afternoon of improvisation wizadry at Not So Silent Movies, where former Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker, composer Dario Marianelli and guitarist John Etheridge produce a spontaneous composition, from 2.30pm at King’s Place, York Way, N1.
Tickets from �12.50 call 020 7520 1490.
Stave off the Monday morning blues with this Berlin-style Sunday afternoon dance party from Native City, from 5pm to 12midnight at the Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �5, call 020 7684 8618.
Toughen up with these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 a lesson or �40 for five.