What’s on in Islington this weekend?
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Have a bite at this charity brunch/tea-party in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, from 13.30pm at the Mildmay Community Centre, Woodville Road, N16. Minimum donation �3, call 020 7254 7895.
Enter the Strictly spirit with these ballroom dancing session for the over 55s, from 2 to 4pm at the St Luke’s Centre, Central Street, London EC1. Costs �2, call 020 7549 8188.
Listen to the opera stylings of Chema Banuls and Nathan Tinker, from 2 to 3pm , as they return to the Claremont Centre, White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402.
Take an audio walk through the streets with an art installation that culminates under a giant mirror ball in Newington Green at Stars Down So Close, from 6.30pm at the New Unity Unitarian Church on Upper Street, N1. Free, and no booking required – download the audio from www.new-unity.org.
- 1 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 2 When the Arsenal team had tea with the Queen in Buckingham Palace
- 3 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
- 4 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 5 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 6 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 7 Jailed: Members of 'sophisticated' drugs crime gang sentenced
- 8 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 9 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 10 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
Sup a stein and sample a sausage at this Oktoberfest celebration, every day until October 27 at the Bavarian Beerhouse, City Road, EC1. Free entry, call 0844 330 2005.
Grab some mates and get involved with football, trampolining, basketball, ice skating, dance and more, for 13 to 19 year olds, from 6 to 10pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Costs �3, including 12 months Aquaterra membership, call 020 7689 9822.
Relish an afternoon of improvisation wizadry at Not So Silent Movies, where former Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker, composer Dario Marianelli and guitarist John Etheridge produce a spontaneous composition, from 2.30pm at King’s Place, York Way, N1.
Tickets from �12.50 call 020 7520 1490.
Stave off the Monday morning blues with this Berlin-style Sunday afternoon dance party from Native City, from 5pm to 12midnight at the Book Club, Leonard Street, EC2. Costs �5, call 020 7684 8618.
Toughen up with these Chi Kung classes. Every Sunday from 11am to noon at Providence Court, Upper Street, N1, every Saturday, from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday, from 6.45 to 7.45pm, at the Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 a lesson or �40 for five.