What’s on this weekend in Islington
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Dance yourself dizzy with the craze that’s sweeping the nation at this Zumba taster class from experienced tutor Sue Sealey, from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1. Call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Instill healthy attitudes in your kids at this anti-sexism poster designing competition and youth club for 13 to 19-year-olds, at the Underground Youth Centre, Piper Close, N7. Free, call 0207 697 2836 for more information.
Check the latest blockbuster with these cinema trips for 10 to 14-year-olds, from 3 to 6pm, organised by the Andover Community Centre, Corker Walk, N7. Free, call 020 7272 1130 for more information.
Play with Clay Lionel Ritchie Style with Lionel classics as you mould to your hearts content, from 8pm at Drink, Shop and Do, Caledonian Road, N7. Free, call 0203 343 9138 for more information.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 3 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 4 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 5 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 6 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Ironmonger Row Baths have reopened for these activities
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
Let the kids run riot at this free family fun day, from noon to 4pm at the Lumpy Hill Adventure Playground, Market Road, N7. Free, call 020 7607 9637 for more information.
Watch an outdoor performance of Robin Hood and his Merry Men from 3pm at Freightliners City Farm, Sheringham Road, N7. Costs �10 adults, �5 for under 16s, �2 five to 12s and free for under 1s, call 020 7609 0467 for more information.
Spin a healthy yarn at this knitting class led by wool enthusiast Charlene Sandy. From 11am to 12.30pm at The Old Fire Station, Mayton Street, N7. For more information call 07515 647208.
Celebrate, or commiserate, the end of the summer at Bookstock, a street party organised by The Book Club featuring the jazz hip-hoppers The Correspondents, from noon to 9pm, all the way along Leonard Street, EC2. Free tickets are available, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Attune yourself to reiki energy at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 4 to 5.15pm every Sunday and 6 to 7.15pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Turn up the heat at the Hot Caribbean Carnival, a Notting Hill afterparty featuring DJ Spice form New York, from 11pm to 6am at the 02 Academy Islington, Parkfield Street, N1. Costs �15 (�10 advance) call 07921891611 for more information.
Make the most of the last Sunday Cafe at Paradise Park Children’s Centre, from 11am to 3pm every Sunday until August 28 at the Paradise Park Children’s Centre, Paradise Park, N7. Free, call 020 7697 7330 for more information.
Get wild at this fun day with Safari Pete where kids can meet snakes, a meerkat and a crocodile, from noon at the Highbury Barn Tavern, Highbury Park, N5. Call 020 7226 2383 for more information.