What’s on this weekend in Islington
Our pick of the weekend’s action:
Fancy yourself as the next James Brown at this Karaoke night with a difference - you are backed by a five piece funk band, from 8pm at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road, EC2. Costs �5, call 0207 422 0958
Grab yourself a bargain at this roof garden bric-a-brac sale for the over 55s, from 2 to 3pm at the Claremont project, 24-27 White Lion Street, N1. Free, call 0207 837 3402 for more information.
Dance and sing along to some acoustic songs from My Mate George, from 6.30 to 9pm at the St Mary’s Community Centre, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1. Call 020 7713 9304 for more information.
Enjoy a night of music and entertainment from rollicking trio The Folk Foxes, with traditional Irish jigs and reels, airs and laments, from 8pm at The Harlequin pub, Arlington Way, EC1, Free, call 07834 809 292 for more information.
- 1 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 2 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shops encouraged to become 'safe havens' to make Islington safer for women
- 5 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 6 Haringey first council to call for Edmonton incinerator pause
- 7 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 8 Winter Toy Appeal launches to help London children in poverty
- 9 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 10 Man dies after two people found in Regent's Canal near Angel
Perfect new techniques these Chi Kung sessions. Every Saturday from 11.15am to 12.30pm and every Friday from 6.45pm to 7.45pm at Unity Church, Upper Street, N1. For more information call 07973 622240. Costs �10 per lesson or �40 for 5 lessons.
Get involved with the Saturday Puppet Club, a nine week challenge for five to eights and nine to 11s, to develop a short puppet play, from 9.45 to 11am or 11.30am to 12.45 pm (5 to 8s) and 645 to 11am (for 9 to 11s) at the Little Angel Theatre, Dagmar Passage, N1. Costs �85 (�60 concessions), call 020 7226 1787 for more information.
Take your hound for a stroll and raise money for the Dogs Trust charity at the Waggy Walk, from 11am at Highbury Fields, N1. Costs �10 for up to 6 people, visit www.waggywalks.org.uk for more information.
Attempt self-healing at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 5.30 to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957 423460.
Have fun at this family play fete, from 12noon to 5pm at the Lumpy Hill Adventure Playground, Market Road, N7. Free, call 020 7607 9637 for more information.