Canonbury pupils mark National School Sports week with Bhangra and skateboarding
- Credit: William Tyndale Primary School
Bhangra dancing, golf, martial arts and skateboarding were just some of the sports that youngsters at William Tyndale Primary School got a taste of during National School Sports Week.
Kids also tried their hand at fencing and took part in yoga workshops and traditional English dancing lessons.
Alongside the workshops, the school also hosted a sports tournament where children could practise their sportsmanship and engage in competition.
A school spokesperson said: "This week was all about providing unique experiences for the children within the world of sport.
"It is important to us that our children are given as many opportunities as possible to be active, and are provided with a wide range of experience in sport.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope that our children will leave us with a life-long love of exercise, whatever form that takes for them."
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 4 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 5 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 10 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents