Young Islington artist wins award for work
An 11-year-old artist was over the moon when her poster design scooped first prize at the Islington in Bloom awards.
Ela Shaw came top out of hundreds of entries, and now her artwork will be used as part of the promotion for next year’s event.
She came up with the idea while at Artescape, an art class held at William Tynedale Primary School, in Upper Street, Islington.
Ela’s mum Angel said: “I couldn’t believe it when she won, I was so very, very proud of her.
“She is such a talented artist. This is quite different for her as she often does portraits
You may also want to watch:
“She could definitely have a career as an artist ahead of her.”
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 8 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque