Young Islington artist wins award for work
An 11-year-old artist was over the moon when her poster design scooped first prize at the Islington in Bloom awards.
Ela Shaw came top out of hundreds of entries, and now her artwork will be used as part of the promotion for next year’s event.
She came up with the idea while at Artescape, an art class held at William Tynedale Primary School, in Upper Street, Islington.
Ela’s mum Angel said: “I couldn’t believe it when she won, I was so very, very proud of her.
“She is such a talented artist. This is quite different for her as she often does portraits
You may also want to watch:
“She could definitely have a career as an artist ahead of her.”
- 1 Countryside walking would be lovely - but the city has much to offer
- 2 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed
- 3 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 4 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 7 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 8 Covid and NHS, LTNs and trees versus housing
- 9 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 10 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase