Young Islington artist wins award for work
An 11-year-old artist was over the moon when her poster design scooped first prize at the Islington in Bloom awards.
Ela Shaw came top out of hundreds of entries, and now her artwork will be used as part of the promotion for next year’s event.
She came up with the idea while at Artescape, an art class held at William Tynedale Primary School, in Upper Street, Islington.
Ela’s mum Angel said: “I couldn’t believe it when she won, I was so very, very proud of her.
“She is such a talented artist. This is quite different for her as she often does portraits
You may also want to watch:
“She could definitely have a career as an artist ahead of her.”
- 1 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 5 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 6 Crime plummeted in Islington during Covid pandemic, new figures reveal
- 7 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 8 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 9 David Dein: Former Arsenal chief shares top tips for success
- 10 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London