Eight injured in bus crash on Camden-Islington border
A DRAMATIC crash between two night buses this morning left six passengers needing hospital treatment.
The injured travellers suffered whiplash after the collision at the junction of Camden Road and York Way, on the border of Camden and Islington, at 4am.
The smash involved a bendy N29 Enfield-bound night bus and a double-decker N390 heading to Notting Hill.
Both bus drivers were also taken to hospital.
Rush hour commuters were delayed after the busy intersection was closed until 8am.
You may also want to watch:
Police said electrical cables were damaged after the smaller Arriva bus crashed into a wall. The front of the Metroline vehicle was severely dented.
A Transport for London spokesman said there will be a full investigation into the incident.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 E-scooter rider suffers head injuries in Holloway Road crash
- 7 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
- 8 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 9 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
- 10 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing