Eight injured in bus crash on Camden-Islington border
A DRAMATIC crash between two night buses this morning left six passengers needing hospital treatment.
The injured travellers suffered whiplash after the collision at the junction of Camden Road and York Way, on the border of Camden and Islington, at 4am.
The smash involved a bendy N29 Enfield-bound night bus and a double-decker N390 heading to Notting Hill.
Both bus drivers were also taken to hospital.
Rush hour commuters were delayed after the busy intersection was closed until 8am.
You may also want to watch:
Police said electrical cables were damaged after the smaller Arriva bus crashed into a wall. The front of the Metroline vehicle was severely dented.
A Transport for London spokesman said there will be a full investigation into the incident.
- 1 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Emirates to reopen for Covid jabs as council looks to entice residents
- 7 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 8 Parkrun returns! Hundreds get back on track across north London
- 9 Statue in Noel-Baker Peace Garden replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week