Eight injured in bus crash on Camden-Islington border
A DRAMATIC crash between two night buses this morning left six passengers needing hospital treatment.
The injured travellers suffered whiplash after the collision at the junction of Camden Road and York Way, on the border of Camden and Islington, at 4am.
The smash involved a bendy N29 Enfield-bound night bus and a double-decker N390 heading to Notting Hill.
Both bus drivers were also taken to hospital.
Rush hour commuters were delayed after the busy intersection was closed until 8am.
You may also want to watch:
Police said electrical cables were damaged after the smaller Arriva bus crashed into a wall. The front of the Metroline vehicle was severely dented.
A Transport for London spokesman said there will be a full investigation into the incident.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Islington district seal victory over Camden
- 10 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir