Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has died following a stabbing in the Elthorne Estate, Archway.
Police were called to Holland Walk, Islington, on Monday, January 25, at around 5.30pm to a report of a stabbing.
Officers attended with London Ambulance Service and the air ambulance, and found a teenage boy suffering from a stab injury.
Despite efforts to save him by emergency services, he was pronounced dead at the scene a short while later.
His next of kin has been informed and is being supported by specialist officers.
One male has been arrested on suspicion of affray.
- 1 ‘Absolute disgrace’: Heating and hot water issues plague two estates
- 2 LTNs, census, carers and run for Macmillan
- 3 Learning in lockdown: Homeschooling in Islington after move from America
- 4 NOcado campaign: Ocado brings High Court challenge
- 5 Covid rule warning issued after spate of parties in Islington
- 6 Junction Road collision: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving
- 7 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 8 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 9 Swimmers in Hackney and Islington raise money to save their club
- 10 Film: Cherry (18)
Police say there will be an increased presence in the area and are appealing for information
Following the incident, a Section 60, granting police additional stop and search powers, was authorised for the whole of Islington, to be in place from 7pm until 7am.
Anyone who witnessed the initial assault or who knows anything about what happened is urged to call 101 or tweet @MetCC, quoting CAD 4987/25JAN.