There With You: Elthorne Pride shares easy cooking tutorials to help neighbours during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
An Archway community group has uploaded cooking tutorials to Youtube to inspire people during lockdown.
Elthorne Pride, which serves tenants on the Elthorne Estate and surrounding area, has created Much With Us: a series of online cooking tutorials featuring easy, healthy recipes.
Elthorne Pride volunteers have also been delivering groceries to vulnerable neighbours during the pandemic.
A group spokesperson said: “As well as continuing with the distribution of pre-prepared takeaways, Elthorne Pride will also be putting together boxes of ingredients so that residents can prepare the meals at home.
They added: “In 2019 Elthorne Pride hosted its inaugural ‘Live Well Elthorne!’ health and wellbeing initiative and our current activities during the Covid-19 pandemic are a reflection of our commitment to strengthening our community.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people during in Islington during the pandemic.
- 1 Thousands back petition for exemptions in Highbury People Friendly Streets
- 2 Tributes paid to Islington student fatally stabbed in Tottenham
- 3 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 4 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Number of Islington opiate addicts seeking help doubles during lockdown
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 9 Thames Water faces councillors’ anger over billing changes for tenants
- 10 Teaching mentor comes 'full circle' working at Islington school