Emery pleased with ‘improving’ Saka as Arsenal youngster stars in Manchester United draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery was quick to praise Bukayo Saka after the 18-year-old put in an influential performance in Monday’s 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford.
The young winger was picked to start by Emery and he repaid his manager's faith with a bright performance that culminated in an assist for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's 58th minute equaliser.
Emery was asked about Saka after the game, and he described him as 'improving' but an 'important player'.
"I think he's working and improving, being mature and also playing matches in front each player and each team as tonight, Young, as tonight, Manchester United.
"But his work is natural and he is improving. He is helping us now as an important player.
You may also want to watch:
"We are going to work with him with him with calm, with patience, but if he deserves to take minutes and to take confidence for helping us with his performance, that is fantastic for us."
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo