Emery pleased with ‘improving’ Saka as Arsenal youngster stars in Manchester United draw
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal boss Unai Emery was quick to praise Bukayo Saka after the 18-year-old put in an influential performance in Monday’s 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford.
The young winger was picked to start by Emery and he repaid his manager's faith with a bright performance that culminated in an assist for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's 58th minute equaliser.
Emery was asked about Saka after the game, and he described him as 'improving' but an 'important player'.
"I think he's working and improving, being mature and also playing matches in front each player and each team as tonight, Young, as tonight, Manchester United.
"But his work is natural and he is improving. He is helping us now as an important player.
You may also want to watch:
"We are going to work with him with him with calm, with patience, but if he deserves to take minutes and to take confidence for helping us with his performance, that is fantastic for us."
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 9 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 10 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games