England recall for Arsenal’s Nobbs
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Jordan Nobbs has been named in the England squad for the upcoming friendlies with Brazil and Portugal.
The 26-year-old, who has 56 caps, missed the summer's World Cup after rupturing knee ligaments in a Women's Super League game against Everton last November.
Nobbs made her return in the opening WSL match against West Ham earlier this month and has started the last two games against Manchester United and Sunday's Continental Cup fixture against London City Lionesses.
"To get Jordan back is really exciting," England manager Phil Neville said.
"Her mentality has been great. We have kept her involved in most things we have been doing. We have been in constant contact with her. That player we have become accustomed to and we missed at the World Cup has got back up to speed immediately."
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal's Leah Williamson and Beth Mead also have made the made squad and with both impressing so far this campaign they will be hoping to cement down a place in the starting line-up.
England take on Brazil next weekend (October 5) at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium before travelling to Portugal on Tuesday October 8.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
It has also been announced that Arsenal's first WSL North London Derby at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium has been changed to a 3pm kick off on Sunday November 17 and will be broadcast on BT Sport.