Enjoy a cup of tea Islington’s famous street cat Bob
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s most famous felines – street cat Bob – will go on sale tomorrow in the form of a one-off hand painted teapot to be sold in aid of animal charity Blue Cross.
Big Issue seller James Bowen – who shot to fame with the release of a bestselling book about the pair’s life on the streets – has chosen to support the animal charity which helped them.
During their early years together musician James and his cat were a regular fixture at Angel Tube and attended the Blue Cross’s weekly mobile clinic in nearby Islington Green.
The painted ornamental teapot, to go on sale in an online auction featuring a range of unique pet-themed pieces, will be available to bid for on eBay between May 2 and 12.
James said: “Blue Cross has been a great help to us, providing treatment and support for Bob, so it was great to be able to do something to help them, by painting the teapot.
You may also want to watch:
“Bob was more of an inspiration than a practical help, but we’re both really pleased with the finished teapot – hopefully it will raise some money.”
James and Bob have already raised more than £10,000 for Blue Cross through their Just Giving page.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 4 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 7 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 8 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 9 Trial halted after Extinction Rebellion protester glues himself to the dock
- 10 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London