Enjoy a cup of tea Islington’s famous street cat Bob
- Credit: Archant
One of the country’s most famous felines – street cat Bob – will go on sale tomorrow in the form of a one-off hand painted teapot to be sold in aid of animal charity Blue Cross.
Big Issue seller James Bowen – who shot to fame with the release of a bestselling book about the pair’s life on the streets – has chosen to support the animal charity which helped them.
During their early years together musician James and his cat were a regular fixture at Angel Tube and attended the Blue Cross’s weekly mobile clinic in nearby Islington Green.
The painted ornamental teapot, to go on sale in an online auction featuring a range of unique pet-themed pieces, will be available to bid for on eBay between May 2 and 12.
James said: “Blue Cross has been a great help to us, providing treatment and support for Bob, so it was great to be able to do something to help them, by painting the teapot.
You may also want to watch:
“Bob was more of an inspiration than a practical help, but we’re both really pleased with the finished teapot – hopefully it will raise some money.”
James and Bob have already raised more than £10,000 for Blue Cross through their Just Giving page.
- 1 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 2 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 3 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 4 Overground suspended in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Even better than the real thing? Tribute bands to see in north London before 2022
- 8 Islington food bank sees applicants triple
- 9 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 10 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack