Entries have opened for Islington in Bloom 2016
- Credit: Archant
The annual hunt – sponsored by the Gazette – is on in 11 categories, including prettiest pub display, greatest garden, best balcony and most creative container garden.
The winner of each one will scoop a £100 voucher to spend at Camden Garden Centre, with £75 and £50 in vouchers for second and third.
Entries are accepted until May 31, with judging this summer.
Andrew Bedford, Islington Council’s parks and open spaces manager, said: “We know a lot of people have already started work, but there is still plenty of time to get involved and create a green oasis yourself or with your neighbours.
“If your window box, balcony or garden can be seen from the street, you can enter, and school and community centre gardens are eligible too.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to enter, visit islington.gov.uk/inbloom or call 020 7527 2838.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 4 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 5 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 9 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'