Entries open for ‘highlight of the year’ Islington in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Islington in Bloom has begun.
On Saturday, plant potting, nature trails and gardening advice sessions took place in Whittington Park, Paradise Park and Duncan Terrace Gardens. It was to mark the beginning of the much-loved annual competition celebrating Islington’s best gardens, balconies and window displays.
Andrew Bedford, head of greenspace and leisure at Islington Council, said: “Islington in Bloom is always a highlight of the year and following last weekend’s launch, I’m sure this competition will be no exception.”
“I encourage all residents, businesses, schools and community groups to enter the competition – anyone with a box, balcony or garden that can be seen from the street is eligible.”
Any Islington person, business or organisation can enter across a range of categories. Entries are accepted until June 3.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit islington.gov.uk/inbloom or call 020 7527 6394.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 3 Police officer hospitalised after Dartmouth Park Hill hit-and-run
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Housing, LTN, Living Wage, child exploitation and charity shops
- 6 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 7 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 8 Teyah Goldie, 16, makes Arsenal squad for north London derby
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 10 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed