Entries open for ‘highlight of the year’ Islington in Bloom
- Credit: Archant
Islington in Bloom has begun.
On Saturday, plant potting, nature trails and gardening advice sessions took place in Whittington Park, Paradise Park and Duncan Terrace Gardens. It was to mark the beginning of the much-loved annual competition celebrating Islington’s best gardens, balconies and window displays.
Andrew Bedford, head of greenspace and leisure at Islington Council, said: “Islington in Bloom is always a highlight of the year and following last weekend’s launch, I’m sure this competition will be no exception.”
“I encourage all residents, businesses, schools and community groups to enter the competition – anyone with a box, balcony or garden that can be seen from the street is eligible.”
Any Islington person, business or organisation can enter across a range of categories. Entries are accepted until June 3.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit islington.gov.uk/inbloom or call 020 7527 6394.
- 1 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 2 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 3 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 4 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 9 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 10 Families of WW2 veterans join Jeremy Corbyn in presenting plaque