Essex Road crash: Fifth man from Islington charged
- Credit: Shulem Stern on Twitter)
A fifth person has been charged in relation to Saturday’s crash in Essex Road.
Three revellers were injured when a car ploughed into pedestrians outside the Old Queen’s Head pub at about 11pm.
Jason Furtado, 20, of Southgate Road, Islington, was last night charged with aggravated vehicle taking. He was remanded to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Four other people were charged with aggravated vehicle taking on Tuesday. They were a 17-year-old from Highbury, a 15-year-old from Islington, a 17-year-old from Ilford and Malique Howe, 19, of Forest Hill.
A 17-year-old from Islington was also arrested, but bailed until early May.
You may also want to watch:
The three victims’ injuries were not life threatening.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know