Essex Road crash: Fifth man from Islington charged
- Credit: Shulem Stern on Twitter)
A fifth person has been charged in relation to Saturday’s crash in Essex Road.
Three revellers were injured when a car ploughed into pedestrians outside the Old Queen’s Head pub at about 11pm.
Jason Furtado, 20, of Southgate Road, Islington, was last night charged with aggravated vehicle taking. He was remanded to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Four other people were charged with aggravated vehicle taking on Tuesday. They were a 17-year-old from Highbury, a 15-year-old from Islington, a 17-year-old from Ilford and Malique Howe, 19, of Forest Hill.
A 17-year-old from Islington was also arrested, but bailed until early May.
You may also want to watch:
The three victims’ injuries were not life threatening.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey