Essex Road crash: Fifth man from Islington charged
- Credit: Shulem Stern on Twitter)
A fifth person has been charged in relation to Saturday’s crash in Essex Road.
Three revellers were injured when a car ploughed into pedestrians outside the Old Queen’s Head pub at about 11pm.
Jason Furtado, 20, of Southgate Road, Islington, was last night charged with aggravated vehicle taking. He was remanded to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court today.
Four other people were charged with aggravated vehicle taking on Tuesday. They were a 17-year-old from Highbury, a 15-year-old from Islington, a 17-year-old from Ilford and Malique Howe, 19, of Forest Hill.
A 17-year-old from Islington was also arrested, but bailed until early May.
The three victims’ injuries were not life threatening.
- 1 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 'We've still not had Christmas cards': Royal Mail apologises as post backlog hits Islington
- 8 Holloway BHF pleads for volunteers to help it stay open
- 9 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 10 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'