Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- Credit: André Langlois
A man was found with a head injury in the early hours of Saturday morning after reports of an assault at an Essex Road pub, police have said.
The Met has not said at which pub the incident happened but a cordon was in place late in the afternoon around the block bounded by Colebrooke Row, St Peter's Street and Essex Road.
The only pub in the block is the former Winchester, which is currently not occupied.
Police and an ambulance crew were called at around 2.15am, and found a man with a head injury.
He was taken to hospital where his condition was assessed as non life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Police say it was reported that the man had been assaulted by another man inside the pub, but that no suspects were identified at the scene.
Enquiries are ongoing and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 5 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 6 'Havoc' as squirrels invade Old Street council block
- 7 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 10 'I’m not mad. I’m an MP': Claudia Webbe harassment trial continues
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 878/25Sep.
Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.