Meat People: Essex Road restaurant burgled
- Credit: Archant
An Essex Road restaurant was burgled in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Someone "smashed" the door in at Meat People, ransacked the restaurant and made off with cash from the till and electronic equipment.
Luckily, staff at the self-styled "meat-lovers' haven" hadn't cash left in the till overnight.
Waiter Helen Aspinall told the Gazette: "Someone broke in during the night. They took a few different things: the till, mostly electronic stuff like Ipads. They literally smashed the door. I found out [what happened] on Saturday morning.
"We managed to open up later that day but had to get everything fixed up first."
You may also want to watch:
Helen said a man was arrested in connection to the robbery a few hours later in Upper Street.
The Gazette has approached the Met Police for comment.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion