Meat People: Essex Road restaurant burgled
- Credit: Archant
An Essex Road restaurant was burgled in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Someone "smashed" the door in at Meat People, ransacked the restaurant and made off with cash from the till and electronic equipment.
Luckily, staff at the self-styled "meat-lovers' haven" hadn't cash left in the till overnight.
Waiter Helen Aspinall told the Gazette: "Someone broke in during the night. They took a few different things: the till, mostly electronic stuff like Ipads. They literally smashed the door. I found out [what happened] on Saturday morning.
"We managed to open up later that day but had to get everything fixed up first."
You may also want to watch:
Helen said a man was arrested in connection to the robbery a few hours later in Upper Street.
The Gazette has approached the Met Police for comment.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 4 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 6 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 7 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade