“Alarming”: Estate agent signs are being torched in Tufnell Park
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours have expressed their “alarm” after two estate agent boards were torched over the past two months in Tufnell Park.
The charred remains of a Chestertons estate agent board are still standing outside Rowsley Lodge, in Brecknock Road, and another was reportedly burned to a stump in nearby Lady Margaret Road.
One man, who lives in Brecknock Road with his family and asked to remain anonymous, said: “People have been burning estate agent signs in our area and it’s quite alarming.
“We came back one night and the sign was alight so the fire brigade had to come out. The half-melted signpost is still there.”
When approached by the Gazette for comment, a spokesperson for Chestertons said: “We know about it. Obviously we don’t feel great about it but we will replace it.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see this happen? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: email@example.com or call 020 7433 0121.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting