“Alarming”: Estate agent signs are being torched in Tufnell Park
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours have expressed their “alarm” after two estate agent boards were torched over the past two months in Tufnell Park.
The charred remains of a Chestertons estate agent board are still standing outside Rowsley Lodge, in Brecknock Road, and another was reportedly burned to a stump in nearby Lady Margaret Road.
One man, who lives in Brecknock Road with his family and asked to remain anonymous, said: “People have been burning estate agent signs in our area and it’s quite alarming.
“We came back one night and the sign was alight so the fire brigade had to come out. The half-melted signpost is still there.”
When approached by the Gazette for comment, a spokesperson for Chestertons said: “We know about it. Obviously we don’t feel great about it but we will replace it.”
You may also want to watch:
Did you see this happen? E-mail Lucas Cumiskey at the Gazette news desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7433 0121.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25