Ethiopian restaurant in Holloway celebrates 15th birthday
- Credit: Archant
An Ethiopian restaurant that counts Islington’s Mayor as one of it’s loyal customers is celebrating 15 years in the borough.
Getenesh Gabiemichael opened Kokeb Ethiopian Cuisine in Roman Way, Holloway, in 1999 and has built up a loyal following in the community.
On Sunday she invited some of her regulars for a buffet at the eatery to mark the occasion.
Mrs Gabiemichael, 52, said: “It’s very hard to survive as a small business, it’s a struggle, but when it’s quiet I don’t get depressed and when it’s busy I don’t get too excited.
“We have a lot of regular customers who love coming here because it’s very friendly and relaxed.
You may also want to watch:
“The restaurant has changed a lot over the years and we get customers from all different nationalities and parts of the community.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition