Ethiopian restaurant in Holloway celebrates 15th birthday
- Credit: Archant
An Ethiopian restaurant that counts Islington’s Mayor as one of it’s loyal customers is celebrating 15 years in the borough.
Getenesh Gabiemichael opened Kokeb Ethiopian Cuisine in Roman Way, Holloway, in 1999 and has built up a loyal following in the community.
On Sunday she invited some of her regulars for a buffet at the eatery to mark the occasion.
Mrs Gabiemichael, 52, said: “It’s very hard to survive as a small business, it’s a struggle, but when it’s quiet I don’t get depressed and when it’s busy I don’t get too excited.
“We have a lot of regular customers who love coming here because it’s very friendly and relaxed.
You may also want to watch:
“The restaurant has changed a lot over the years and we get customers from all different nationalities and parts of the community.”
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother