EUROPA LEAGUE – Arsenal 1-2 Olympiacos (2-2 agg) player ratings: Plenty struggle as Gunners dumped out on away goals
- Credit: PA
Arsenal were dumped out of the Europa League as they lost 2-1 to Olympiacos in extra time on Thursday night, losing on away goals with a 2-2 aggregate score in the last-32. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings from the Emirates.
Bernd Leno - 5 - Had little work to do but could have done better with the goals.
Hector Bellerin - 4 - Offered little going forward and still looks rusty, which is to be expected after a serious ACL injury.
David Luiz - 3 - Switched off in the dying moments and cost Arsenal.
Shkodran Mustafi - 7.5 - Defended well and looked assured as his resurgence continues.
You may also want to watch:
Bukayo Saka - 5 - Offered little going forward but defended well when required.
Granit Xhaka - 5 - Kept Arsenal ticking over, but a lack of movement in front of him made his job difficult.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Dani Ceballos - 5.5 - Failed to get Arsenal moving forward, but did his defensive work well in a busy performance.
Nicolas Pepe - 5 - Looked Arsenal's most dangerous player going forward, but he lacked the end product needed.
Mesut Ozil - 3 - In a game where Arsenal needed him to open up a deep lying defence, he offered very little in a fairly anonymous display.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 4 - Failed to make anything happen out on the left before scoring and then missed a sitter to send Arsenal through.
Alexandre Lacazette - 3 - Had a number of chances late in the game that he failed to convert in a poor performance.
Lucas Torreira - 6 - Kept Arsenal ticking over.
Joe Willock - 5 - Failed to drive Arsenal forward.
Sokratis - 3 - Switched off for the winner and looked clumsy.
Gabriel Martinelli - 6 - Added energy in extra time.