Europa League: Arsenal boss Unai Emery left frustrated after two late goals as Arsenal triumph over Vorskla
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been left frustrated after the Gunners conceded two late goals in his sides 4-2 victory over FC Vorskla Poltava.
The Spaniard, who notched his 32nd victory in the competition, was delighted with his side’s domination as they went 4-0 up through a Pierre-Emerick Aubamiang double, a Danny Welbeck header and a Mesut Ozil tap-in.
However, late goals from Volodymyr Chesnakov and Vyacheslav Sharpar left a bittersweet taste.
Speaking after the game, Emery said: “At the beginning of the competition to take the confidence, the victories is important.
“The first 60 minutes were very good, we imposed our idea against them and also little by little winning metres to be nearer the goal.
You may also want to watch:
“With the four goals we were in a good moment. But we want to be competitive in 90 minutes and I think the last 20 minutes we conceded chances. We need to improve this.
“Our disappointment today is the two goals conceded. I think the first 60 minutes were very good. We’re going to continue progressing with that idea. There were a lot of positives things in the game.”
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing