Europa League: Arsenal boss Unai Emery left frustrated after two late goals as Arsenal triumph over Vorskla
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal boss Unai Emery has been left frustrated after the Gunners conceded two late goals in his sides 4-2 victory over FC Vorskla Poltava.
The Spaniard, who notched his 32nd victory in the competition, was delighted with his side’s domination as they went 4-0 up through a Pierre-Emerick Aubamiang double, a Danny Welbeck header and a Mesut Ozil tap-in.
However, late goals from Volodymyr Chesnakov and Vyacheslav Sharpar left a bittersweet taste.
Speaking after the game, Emery said: “At the beginning of the competition to take the confidence, the victories is important.
“The first 60 minutes were very good, we imposed our idea against them and also little by little winning metres to be nearer the goal.
You may also want to watch:
“With the four goals we were in a good moment. But we want to be competitive in 90 minutes and I think the last 20 minutes we conceded chances. We need to improve this.
“Our disappointment today is the two goals conceded. I think the first 60 minutes were very good. We’re going to continue progressing with that idea. There were a lot of positives things in the game.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'