Europa League draw: All you need to know as Arsenal wait to find out who they will face
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal beat AC Milan 3-1 on Thursday evening at the Emirates to seal their place in the last eight of the Europa League following a 5-1 victory on aggregate. Read on for more on who they will face in Friday’s draw.
The UEFA Europa League draw begins at midday and takes place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland. It follows the UEFA Champions League draw, which starts at 11am.
Teams Arsenal could face?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Is there country protection?
No. It is an open draw in which no teams are seeded and clubs from the same country can be drawn against each other. The side drawn first will play the first leg at home. Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal will help to conduct the draw.
When will the matches be played?
The first leg will be on Thursday 5 April, with the return taking place on Thursday 12 April.
Quarter-finals: 5 and 12 April
Semi-final draw: 13 April
Semi-finals: 26 April and 3 May
Final: Wednesday, May 16, Lyon
Who do you want Arsenal to face? Join in the discussion at the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.