Europa League draw: All you need to know as Arsenal wait to find out who they will face
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal beat AC Milan 3-1 on Thursday evening at the Emirates to seal their place in the last eight of the Europa League following a 5-1 victory on aggregate. Read on for more on who they will face in Friday’s draw.
The UEFA Europa League draw begins at midday and takes place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland. It follows the UEFA Champions League draw, which starts at 11am.
Teams Arsenal could face?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 8 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
Is there country protection?
No. It is an open draw in which no teams are seeded and clubs from the same country can be drawn against each other. The side drawn first will play the first leg at home. Former Barcelona defender Eric Abidal will help to conduct the draw.
When will the matches be played?
The first leg will be on Thursday 5 April, with the return taking place on Thursday 12 April.
Quarter-finals: 5 and 12 April
Semi-final draw: 13 April
Semi-finals: 26 April and 3 May
Final: Wednesday, May 16, Lyon
Who do you want Arsenal to face? Join in the discussion at the Islington Gazette Arsenal Facebook page now.