Europa League draw: Find out the teams Arsenal could face
- Credit: Archant
The draw for the last 16 of the Europa League takes place at midday on Friday at UEFA headquarters in Nyon. Find out the teams Arsenal could face in the tournament.
Despite Arsenal’s 2-1 defeat by an Graham Potter’s impressive FK Ostersunds side at the Emirates on Thursday evening at the Emirates Arsene Wenger’s side edged through 4-2 on aggregate to enable their name to be in Friday’s draw along with 15 other sides across Europe.
Arsenal’s possible opponents include:
AC Milan (Italy)
Athletic Bilbao (Spain)
You may also want to watch:
Atletico Madrid (Spain)
CSKA Moscow (Russia)
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 10 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
Dynamo Kyiv (Ukraine)
Lokomotiv Moscow (Russia)
Viktoria Plzen (Czech Republic)
RB Leipzig (Germany)
RB Salzburg (Austria)
Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)
Zenit Saint Petersburg (Russia)
The ties for the last 16 of the Europa League are set to take place on Thursday, March 8 and Thursday, March 15 with the last eight due to be played on Thursday, April 5 and Thursday, April 12.
Semi-finals are scheduled for Thursday, April 26 and Thursday, May 3.
The Europa League final is due to be staged in Lyon on Wednesday, May 16.