EUROPA LEAGUE DRAW: Find out who Arsenal will face next on the road to Baku
- Credit: DPA Germany
The Europa League draw has been made. Read on for who Arsenal will face.
Unai Emery’s Arsenal have been drawn to face Napoli in the quater-finals of the Europa League.
The Gunners were drawn against Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri’s former club after easing past Stade Rennais 3-0 on Thursday evening at the Emirates to win the tie 4-3 on aggregate.
Arsenal made it through to last season’s semi-finals before losing 2-1 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid but have high hopes of adding to the three titles Emery won in charge of Sevilla.
Italian side Napoli, who dropped down from the Champions League, could be a threat after they picked up a 1-0 win over Liverpool in Naples in October.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal last played Napoli in the 2013-14 Champions League group stage, winning won 2-0 at home and 2-0 away.
The Gunners will host the first leg at Emirates Stadium, with Napoli to host the second leg at Stadio San Paolo.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
However, if Arsenal progress past the Serie A side they will face La Liga’s Villarreal or Valencia in the last four with the final taking place on Wednesday, 29 May at the Olympic Stadium in Azerbaijan’s capital Baku – meaning a potential meeting with Chelsea will be held off until the final.
The dates are as follows:
Arsenal v Napoli
Thursday, April 11
Napoli v Arsenal
Thursday, April 18
Kick-off: 8pm (UK time)
San Paolo Stadium
Should Arsenal progress to the semi-final, we will face either Villarreal or Valencia on Thursday, May 2 and Thursday, May 9.
More to follow...