EUROPA LEAGUE DRAW: Find out who Arsenal will face next on the road to Baku
- Credit: DPA Germany
The Europa League draw has been made. Read on for who Arsenal will face.
Unai Emery’s Arsenal have been drawn to face Napoli in the quater-finals of the Europa League.
The Gunners were drawn against Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri’s former club after easing past Stade Rennais 3-0 on Thursday evening at the Emirates to win the tie 4-3 on aggregate.
Arsenal made it through to last season’s semi-finals before losing 2-1 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid but have high hopes of adding to the three titles Emery won in charge of Sevilla.
Italian side Napoli, who dropped down from the Champions League, could be a threat after they picked up a 1-0 win over Liverpool in Naples in October.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal last played Napoli in the 2013-14 Champions League group stage, winning won 2-0 at home and 2-0 away.
The Gunners will host the first leg at Emirates Stadium, with Napoli to host the second leg at Stadio San Paolo.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
However, if Arsenal progress past the Serie A side they will face La Liga’s Villarreal or Valencia in the last four with the final taking place on Wednesday, 29 May at the Olympic Stadium in Azerbaijan’s capital Baku – meaning a potential meeting with Chelsea will be held off until the final.
The dates are as follows:
Arsenal v Napoli
Thursday, April 11
Napoli v Arsenal
Thursday, April 18
Kick-off: 8pm (UK time)
San Paolo Stadium
Should Arsenal progress to the semi-final, we will face either Villarreal or Valencia on Thursday, May 2 and Thursday, May 9.
More to follow...