EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal don’t need Wilfried Zaha according to club legend David Seaman
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Arsenal goalkeeper David Seaman believes the Gunners don’t need to sign Wilfried Zaha, after the club had a £40 million offer rejected by Crystal Palace.
Unai Emery is keen to bring the Ivory Coast international to the Emirates, with Zaha wanting to move to the club he supported as a child.
Palace turned down Arsenal's initial offer, one which is believed to have angered the club and left the deal hanging in the balance.
Seaman would rather see Arsenal spend the money elsewhere, exclusively telling the Islington Gazette: "The thing is, if we get Zaha what happens then?
"I don't feel we need Zaha at the moment, it's not a position we need to strengthen.
You may also want to watch:
"We've got Lacazette, Ozil, Aubameyang and if we keep all those players we've got a good attack.
"It's at the other end where we need players.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
"The thing that worries me is that I'm not hearing about defenders. They need defenders, that was clear last season."