EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal don’t need Wilfried Zaha according to club legend David Seaman
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Arsenal goalkeeper David Seaman believes the Gunners don’t need to sign Wilfried Zaha, after the club had a £40 million offer rejected by Crystal Palace.
Unai Emery is keen to bring the Ivory Coast international to the Emirates, with Zaha wanting to move to the club he supported as a child.
Palace turned down Arsenal's initial offer, one which is believed to have angered the club and left the deal hanging in the balance.
Seaman would rather see Arsenal spend the money elsewhere, exclusively telling the Islington Gazette: "The thing is, if we get Zaha what happens then?
"I don't feel we need Zaha at the moment, it's not a position we need to strengthen.
You may also want to watch:
"We've got Lacazette, Ozil, Aubameyang and if we keep all those players we've got a good attack.
"It's at the other end where we need players.
- 1 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
"The thing that worries me is that I'm not hearing about defenders. They need defenders, that was clear last season."