EXCLUSIVE: Jack Wilshere is interviewed by Layth Yousif
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Former Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has been discussing various topics with Layth Yousif during his exclusive interview this week.
The talented 26-year-old invited Layth to his house for an in-depth discussion on a wide-ranging number of issues as the star prepares to launch his first soccer school at the end of this month.
Here are a few snippets from their chat. See our website for more later this week.
Wilshere on life as a Gunner: “It was a dream come true. All I wanted to do was play for The Arsenal. I love the club.”
On the talented 2009 FA Youth Cup winning side: “It was almost too easy for us.”
You may also want to watch:
On joining Bolton on loan: “My dad drove us up. It was raining. I got out the car up there and thought ‘What are we doing here?’”
On Wenger: “He believed in me. He was always supportive. He was a huge influence. He’ll go down in history.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 6 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 10 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
On *that* Barca game in 2011: “I recall being in the tunnel and looking across at Messi, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta and thinking ‘Jesus Christ!’”
See our website soon for Jack’s lowdown on the day Wenger announced his departure, on Pep Guardiola, on his England ambitions, on a possible move to Inter Milan, on his contract and subsequent departure, on his feelings about returning to Arsenal with West Ham, on FA Cup final victories, League Cup defeats, his views on the team underachieving, 89:The Film and much, much more...
The Jack Wilshere Soccer School runs in Letchworth on Tuesday, October 30, Wednesday, October 31 and Thursday, November 1. Courses are available for boys and girls aged four to 15.
Everyone attending will be given a trophy and a signed photograph of Jack.
To book visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/jack-wilshere-and-grassroots-soccer-school-tickets-48987092713.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29