EXCLUSIVE: Jack Wilshere is interviewed by Layth Yousif
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Former Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has been discussing various topics with Layth Yousif during his exclusive interview this week.
The talented 26-year-old invited Layth to his house for an in-depth discussion on a wide-ranging number of issues as the star prepares to launch his first soccer school at the end of this month.
Here are a few snippets from their chat. See our website for more later this week.
Wilshere on life as a Gunner: “It was a dream come true. All I wanted to do was play for The Arsenal. I love the club.”
On the talented 2009 FA Youth Cup winning side: “It was almost too easy for us.”
You may also want to watch:
On joining Bolton on loan: “My dad drove us up. It was raining. I got out the car up there and thought ‘What are we doing here?’”
On Wenger: “He believed in me. He was always supportive. He was a huge influence. He’ll go down in history.”
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
On *that* Barca game in 2011: “I recall being in the tunnel and looking across at Messi, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta and thinking ‘Jesus Christ!’”
See our website soon for Jack’s lowdown on the day Wenger announced his departure, on Pep Guardiola, on his England ambitions, on a possible move to Inter Milan, on his contract and subsequent departure, on his feelings about returning to Arsenal with West Ham, on FA Cup final victories, League Cup defeats, his views on the team underachieving, 89:The Film and much, much more...
The Jack Wilshere Soccer School runs in Letchworth on Tuesday, October 30, Wednesday, October 31 and Thursday, November 1. Courses are available for boys and girls aged four to 15.
Everyone attending will be given a trophy and a signed photograph of Jack.
To book visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/jack-wilshere-and-grassroots-soccer-school-tickets-48987092713.
Follow Arsenal reporter Layth on Twitter @laythy29