EXCLUSIVE: New Arsenal kit is ‘10 out of 10’ according to Gunners legend David Seaman
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Arsenal legend David Seaman rated the club’s new adidas home kit as ‘10 out of 10’ after it officially went on sale to fans on Monday.
Making the Arsenal kit for the first time since 1994, adidas pulled out all the stops, including a collar reminiscent of the one seen on the home shirt worn by the Cup Winners' Cup side of 1993/94.
Speaking at the Armoury store, Seaman revealed his delight with the design, telling Islington Gazette Arsenal reporter Dan Mountney: "I love the kit.
"My first season at Arsenal was adidas so I've got great memories, great pictures of it. I just love it.
"The fans look great in it, I've been taking photographs with them. It's a kit that just looks good.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd give it 10 out of 10. It looks proper.
"I won my first championship in a kit like this. It's modern and retro."
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
As for the goalkeeper shirt Seaman added: "My jersey was a little bit louder than the goalkeeper one.
"I like a nice black kit. I had some belters with England so I can hardly talk about bright kits, but I do like this one."