EXCLUSIVE: New Arsenal kit is ‘10 out of 10’ according to Gunners legend David Seaman
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Arsenal legend David Seaman rated the club’s new adidas home kit as ‘10 out of 10’ after it officially went on sale to fans on Monday.
Making the Arsenal kit for the first time since 1994, adidas pulled out all the stops, including a collar reminiscent of the one seen on the home shirt worn by the Cup Winners' Cup side of 1993/94.
Speaking at the Armoury store, Seaman revealed his delight with the design, telling Islington Gazette Arsenal reporter Dan Mountney: "I love the kit.
"My first season at Arsenal was adidas so I've got great memories, great pictures of it. I just love it.
"The fans look great in it, I've been taking photographs with them. It's a kit that just looks good.
You may also want to watch:
"I'd give it 10 out of 10. It looks proper.
"I won my first championship in a kit like this. It's modern and retro."
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 5 Letter on Holloway Prison site development
- 6 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 7 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 8 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
As for the goalkeeper shirt Seaman added: "My jersey was a little bit louder than the goalkeeper one.
"I like a nice black kit. I had some belters with England so I can hardly talk about bright kits, but I do like this one."