EXCLUSIVE: Ray Parlour on Unai Emery signing Denis Suarez from Barcelona: ‘Better players keep you in a job longer’
- Credit: Archant
EXCLUSIVE: Ray Parlour has been speaking to the Islington Gaztte’s Arsenal reporter Layth Yousif.
With Arsenal signing Denis Suarez on loan from Barcelona for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move in the summer Gunners icon Parlour has been analysing temporary deals.
Barcelona first announced the news in a statement on Wednesday evening, but it was later removed by the Nou Camp outfit.
The statement revealed Suarez, who has one cap for Spain, agreed a new contract with Barcelona to protect his market value if the Gunners decided to make the move permanent in the summer, with the player’s new deal running through until June 2021.
Speaking exclusively to the Gazette Parlour said: “Everybody should know what’s happening with the club [in terms of being restricted to loan signings this month] and Unai Emery has been bought in to be a coach so whatever players he’s got he’s go to try and get the best out of them.
“Every manager wants better players or squad members – [signing players like Suarez] keeps you in the job longer if you have better players.”
Ray was speaking in support of Goals Dagenham “Accept No Substitutes” campaign which is helping five-a-side players across the UK burn a collective 250million calories this January. Goals are creating the ultimate fan experience by bringing recognisable football talent out of retirement to become the five-a-side community’s 10th man.
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 4 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 9 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 10 'Yes, the government really is waging a "war" against the BBC'
Goals Dagenham are based at Dagenham Leisure Park, Ripple Road, Dagenham, RM9 6XW.