Exhibition of piscine puns at Highbury fish and chip shop
There was something fishy at a Highbury Barn chip shop on Friday when a new exhibition of piscine puns opened.
Mussell and Skate, which started a month-long residency a the Beach Hut, in Highbury Park, is a collaboration between author Russell Weighton and artist Kate Hazell.
Russell has come up with a series of fish-based puns, like Brain Sturgeon and Feeling Eel, which Kate has illustrated.
The pictures will adorn the walls of the Highbury fish bar until February 18.
Kate said: “Its been going really well so far, and we have sold quite a few prints.
You may also want to watch:
“We really wanted to display them in the Beach Hut because it all ties up with the fish theme, and the owners are amazing people.
“My favourite is Cod and Chips. It has some really good colours. But the one we have sold the most of so far is Piano Tuna.”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington