Exhibition of piscine puns at Highbury fish and chip shop
There was something fishy at a Highbury Barn chip shop on Friday when a new exhibition of piscine puns opened.
Mussell and Skate, which started a month-long residency a the Beach Hut, in Highbury Park, is a collaboration between author Russell Weighton and artist Kate Hazell.
Russell has come up with a series of fish-based puns, like Brain Sturgeon and Feeling Eel, which Kate has illustrated.
The pictures will adorn the walls of the Highbury fish bar until February 18.
Kate said: “Its been going really well so far, and we have sold quite a few prints.
You may also want to watch:
“We really wanted to display them in the Beach Hut because it all ties up with the fish theme, and the owners are amazing people.
“My favourite is Cod and Chips. It has some really good colours. But the one we have sold the most of so far is Piano Tuna.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 7 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 8 Club Curling comes to Coal Drops Yard in King’s Cross
- 9 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London