Exhibition of piscine puns at Highbury fish and chip shop
There was something fishy at a Highbury Barn chip shop on Friday when a new exhibition of piscine puns opened.
Mussell and Skate, which started a month-long residency a the Beach Hut, in Highbury Park, is a collaboration between author Russell Weighton and artist Kate Hazell.
Russell has come up with a series of fish-based puns, like Brain Sturgeon and Feeling Eel, which Kate has illustrated.
The pictures will adorn the walls of the Highbury fish bar until February 18.
Kate said: “Its been going really well so far, and we have sold quite a few prints.
You may also want to watch:
“We really wanted to display them in the Beach Hut because it all ties up with the fish theme, and the owners are amazing people.
“My favourite is Cod and Chips. It has some really good colours. But the one we have sold the most of so far is Piano Tuna.”
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire
- 8 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green