Exotic zoo animals come to Islington
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers got a taste of being on safari when zookeepers brought a host of exotic creatures to Islington.
A meerkat, an African tortoise, a striped skunk and a Chilean rose tarantula were some of the animals who visited the N1 Centre last week.
Daisy Feeney, 11, of Dalmeny Road, Holloway, beamed as she got to hold Alexander the slender-tailed meerkat – a creature that hails from southern Africa.
She said: “I enjoyed it a lot because they let us stroke all the animals and explained to us what they were.
“The meerkat makes a growling noise to make people holding them stay back.”
You may also want to watch:
Four-year-old Lucy Rose Dowling was also all smiles as she got the chance to stand alongside Darwin the African spurred tortoise, an animal which is renowned for its long life.
The event was put on by Zoofari, the UK’s largest mobile zoo, at the N1 Centre off Parkfield Street, Islington.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Appeal for information after boy, 15, stabbed in back
- 3 Upper Street coffee shop to start selling "quality" wine despite noise objections
- 4 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 5 Second man charged with murder of Taylor Cox in Islington
- 6 Letters on Low Traffic Neighbourhoods
- 7 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 8 In pictures: Pond-dipping, singing and mindfulness at Gillespie Park fun day
- 9 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 10 Britannia Leisure Centre and the changing face of Shoreditch Park