Exotic zoo animals come to Islington
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers got a taste of being on safari when zookeepers brought a host of exotic creatures to Islington.
A meerkat, an African tortoise, a striped skunk and a Chilean rose tarantula were some of the animals who visited the N1 Centre last week.
Daisy Feeney, 11, of Dalmeny Road, Holloway, beamed as she got to hold Alexander the slender-tailed meerkat – a creature that hails from southern Africa.
She said: “I enjoyed it a lot because they let us stroke all the animals and explained to us what they were.
“The meerkat makes a growling noise to make people holding them stay back.”
You may also want to watch:
Four-year-old Lucy Rose Dowling was also all smiles as she got the chance to stand alongside Darwin the African spurred tortoise, an animal which is renowned for its long life.
The event was put on by Zoofari, the UK’s largest mobile zoo, at the N1 Centre off Parkfield Street, Islington.
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash