FA Cup: Arsenal begin quest for another cup title at Nottingham Forest
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The draw for the third round of the FA Cup has been made
Arsenal have been drawn away to Championship outfit Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup.
The draw for the competition was conducted on Monday night, with clubs from the Premier League and Championship entering.
It will be the first meeting between the sides since the Gunners won 4-0 at the City Ground in the EFL Cup in September 2016.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will want a similar result on their next trip to Nottingham as the north Londoners look to mount a successful defence of the FA Cup, having beaten Chelsea in May’s final.
You may also want to watch:
Third round ties are due to take place over the weekend of January 6, with matches selected for television coverage to be announced in due course.
Winners of ties in the third round will receive £67,500 in prize money, as well as a spot in the fourth round of the competition, which takes place later in January.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition