FA Cup: Arsenal begin quest for another cup title at Nottingham Forest
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The draw for the third round of the FA Cup has been made
Arsenal have been drawn away to Championship outfit Nottingham Forest in the third round of the FA Cup.
The draw for the competition was conducted on Monday night, with clubs from the Premier League and Championship entering.
It will be the first meeting between the sides since the Gunners won 4-0 at the City Ground in the EFL Cup in September 2016.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will want a similar result on their next trip to Nottingham as the north Londoners look to mount a successful defence of the FA Cup, having beaten Chelsea in May’s final.
You may also want to watch:
Third round ties are due to take place over the weekend of January 6, with matches selected for television coverage to be announced in due course.
Winners of ties in the third round will receive £67,500 in prize money, as well as a spot in the fourth round of the competition, which takes place later in January.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'