FA CUP – Bournemouth 1-2 Arsenal player ratings: Saka stars to send Gunners through
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal are through to the fifth round of the FA Cup after a 2-1 win over Bournemouth on Monday night. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings from the Vitality Stadium.
Emiliano Martinez - 7 - Made some important saves in a decent display from Arsenal's cup goalkeeper.
Hector Bellerin - 6.5 - Not really troubled, but was solid when needed. More importantly, he now has more match minutes in his legs and continues to look sharp.
Sokratis - 6.5 - Solid but relatively untroubled on his return to the side.
Shkodran Mustafi - 6.5 - Solid at the back without really being troubled and played out well, but there will be plenty of concern over what looked to be a bad ankle injury.
You may also want to watch:
Bukayo Saka - 9 - Drove forward well and had the end product to match, scoring a brilliant goal and setting up Nketiah for the second. He continues under to shine under Mikel Arteta and out of position at left-back.
Granit Xhaka - 7 - Worked hard and kept Arsenal moving forward in a decent display from the Swiss midfielder.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
Matteo Guendouzi - 7 - A busy, hard-working performance from the Frenchman in the middle of the park as he recycled the ball well and kept Arsenal ticking over nicely.
Nicolas Pepe - 5 - Looked lively but his end product was lacking in a disappointing display from the club-record signing.
Joe Willock - 7.5 - The youngster was given a chance behind the striker and proved to be a real driving force going forward for Arteta's men. An improved display that will certainly give him confidence.
Gabriel Martinelli - 7 - Dovetailed well with Saka down the left and created the opener, with the two 18-year-olds seemingly forming a good understanding.
Eddie Nketiah - 7.5 - Scored and worked hard in a solid first start since his return from loan spell at Leeds United. The young striker could prove key to a successful cup run for Arteta's men
Rob Holding - 6.5 - Defended well after coming on for the injured Mustafi.
Dani Ceballos - 6 - Did okay after coming on.
Ainsley Maitland-Niles - N/A