FA CUP – Portsmouth 0-2 Arsenal player ratings: Nelson shines as Mari impresses on debut
- Credit: PA
Arsenal beat Portsmouth 2-0 at Fratton Park on Monday night to reach the last-eight of the FA Cup. Read on for Dan Mountney’s player ratings.
Emiliano Martinez - 6.5 - Apart from flapping at a cross early on, he looked confident and assured between the sticks.
Sokratis - 7 - Looked shaky at right-back early on, but scored a superb goal and became more assured as the game went on.
David Luiz - 7.5 - A dominant display at the back as the Brazilian showed his experience to marshall a makeshift defence.
Pablo Mari - 7.5 - Looked confident on his Arsenal debut as he defended well and played out from the back with an array of impressive passes. A promising start to his career in north London.
You may also want to watch:
Bukayo Saka - 7 - An solid performance from the young starlet as he continues to shine.
Lucas Torreira - N/A - Stretchered off with what looked to be a serious ankle injury after a hefty challenge from James Bolton. Mikel Arteta will be hoping the midfielder isn't out for too long.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Matteo Guendouzi - 6.5 - A busy performance as always from the Frenchman who grew into the game as Arsenal started to dominate.
Reiss Nelson - 8 - Set up both goals and caused Portsmouth problems all night with his pace and direct running down the right. The youngster will be hoping to force his way back into Arteta's plans after being injured.
Joe Willock - 5.5 - A disappointing display from the Englishman who failed to create and get the Gunners moving forward.
Gabriel Martinelli - 6 - Worked hard and battle all night, but struggled to have an impact down the left as Nelson shone on the other flank.
Eddie Nketiah - 7 - Took his goal well with a proper strikers finish as he continues to prove his importance to Arteta.
Dani Ceballos - 7.5 - Came on for Torreira and added a calm and assured presence in midfield to help Arsenal take control of the game.
Granit Xhaka - N/A
Ainsley Maitland-Niles - N/A