Arsenal to visit Solihull or Blackpool in FA Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The draw for the FA Cup third round has been made
Arsenal will head for Solihull Moors or Blackpool in the third round of this season’s FA Cup.
The draw for the third round, in which teams from the top two tiers of English football enter the competition, was made on Monday night.
The Gunners have been drawn away to either Moors or the Tangerines, who drew their initial second round tie on Friday night.
Solihull and Blackpool are due to meet again in a replay at the latter’s Bloomfield Road on December 11.
You may also want to watch:
It means Unai Emery must wait a little while longer to discover who his first-ever opponents in the FA Cup will be.
Arsenal will hope to fair better in the famous old competition this term compared to last season, when they were knocked out in the third round by Nottingham Forest.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
Winners of ties in the third round will pocket £135,500 with matches due to take place over the weekend of January 5.