FA Cup: Tottenham to host Millwall; Lincoln awaiting Arsenal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Home ties for North London neighbours
Tottenham have been handed a home quarter-final tie against Millwall in the FA Cup following their 3-0 win at Fulham.
North London neighbours Arsenal, meanwhile, will entertain National League leaders Lincoln City at the Emirates – if they can win their fifth-round tie at Sutton United on Monday.
Harry Kane’s hat-trick helped Spurs down the west London outfit at Craven Cottage and Mauricio Pochettino’s men will now welcome the south London Lions for the last-ever FA Cup tie at White Hart Lane on the weekend of March 10-13.
The last time Spurs played Millwall in the FA Cup was back in 1966-67, when they went on to lift the silverware after beating Chelsea 2-1 in the first all-London final at Wembley Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Having seen Lincoln upset Premier League outfit Burnley at Turf Moor to become the first non-league side to reach the quarter-finals since 1914, Arsene Wenger’s underfire Gunners are hoping to avoid being on the wrong end of a giantkilling themselves against Sutton in the final tie of the round of 16.
Arsenal make the trip to Gander Green Lane on the back of a humiliating 5-1 Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich in midweek, which led to more questions about Wenger’s long-term future at the club, and losing to non-league opposition is unthinkable for the record 12-time FA Cup winners, who won back-to-back finals against Hull and Aston Villa in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
FA Cup quarter-final draw: Chelsea v Manchester United; Middlesbrough v Huddersfield or Manchester City; Tottenham v Millwall; Sutton United or Arsenal v Lincoln City.