Family fun at ‘Easter Zoo’ at N1 Centre in Islington
Islington will hear the call of the wild when a menagerie heads to a shopping centre.
The N1 Centre, in Parkfield Road, has teamed up with Zoofari, the UK’s biggest mobile zoo, to bring meerkats, racoon dogs, skunks and chinchillas to brighten up people’s shopping trips.
The event takes place from 11am to 3pm, from Monday to Wednesday, and gives children the chance to come face to face with many creatures that often are not in many UK zoos.
Other creatures set to appear include giant tortoises and wallabies, and animal experts will be on hand to answer any questions about the creatures.
You may also want to watch:
Lynne Glover, manager of the N1 Centre, said: “We wanted to build on the success of the N1 Easter Farm last year. It was a huge success with N1 shoppers.
“This year we wanted to offer something unique and give children the opportunity to meet animals they are unlikely to meet under normal circumstances.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 9 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
“Zoofari is a fantastic organisation and we are happy to support the brilliant work they do.
“We would like to encourage as many families as possible to come along and enjoy the N1 Easter Zoo.”