Family fun at ‘Easter Zoo’ at N1 Centre in Islington
Islington will hear the call of the wild when a menagerie heads to a shopping centre.
The N1 Centre, in Parkfield Road, has teamed up with Zoofari, the UK’s biggest mobile zoo, to bring meerkats, racoon dogs, skunks and chinchillas to brighten up people’s shopping trips.
The event takes place from 11am to 3pm, from Monday to Wednesday, and gives children the chance to come face to face with many creatures that often are not in many UK zoos.
Other creatures set to appear include giant tortoises and wallabies, and animal experts will be on hand to answer any questions about the creatures.
You may also want to watch:
Lynne Glover, manager of the N1 Centre, said: “We wanted to build on the success of the N1 Easter Farm last year. It was a huge success with N1 shoppers.
“This year we wanted to offer something unique and give children the opportunity to meet animals they are unlikely to meet under normal circumstances.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
“Zoofari is a fantastic organisation and we are happy to support the brilliant work they do.
“We would like to encourage as many families as possible to come along and enjoy the N1 Easter Zoo.”