Famous Chick-fil-A which outsells KFC in US comes to Islington
- Credit: Archant
Food fans travelled to Islington from as far as Switzerland on Tuesday to get a taste of a world famous chicken chain which outsells KFC in America.
Chick-fil-A, which has more than 2,000 stores in the US, was handing out free chicken on Upper Street as it served its first ever portions of hand-breaded bird in the UK.
Superfans of the brand Sabrina Rush and Loren Long told a Gazette photographer they had travelled more than 500 miles from Switzerland just to get a taste of the chain’s famous chicken sandwich.
The pair were photographed with company Chief Executive Dan Cathy who made the trip to help promote the brand in Europe.
The fast food restaurants’s logo is a cow holding a sign which reads “eat mor chikin”.
You may also want to watch:
John Featherston, a spokesman for Chick-fil-A, said: “The pop-up is an opportunity to continue Chick-fil-A’s discovery of new methods to serve delicious, freshly prepared food and a wonderful experience.”
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 7 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 8 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 9 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 10 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket