Famous Chick-fil-A which outsells KFC in US comes to Islington
- Credit: Archant
Food fans travelled to Islington from as far as Switzerland on Tuesday to get a taste of a world famous chicken chain which outsells KFC in America.
Chick-fil-A, which has more than 2,000 stores in the US, was handing out free chicken on Upper Street as it served its first ever portions of hand-breaded bird in the UK.
Superfans of the brand Sabrina Rush and Loren Long told a Gazette photographer they had travelled more than 500 miles from Switzerland just to get a taste of the chain’s famous chicken sandwich.
The pair were photographed with company Chief Executive Dan Cathy who made the trip to help promote the brand in Europe.
The fast food restaurants’s logo is a cow holding a sign which reads “eat mor chikin”.
You may also want to watch:
John Featherston, a spokesman for Chick-fil-A, said: “The pop-up is an opportunity to continue Chick-fil-A’s discovery of new methods to serve delicious, freshly prepared food and a wonderful experience.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash