Famous Chick-fil-A which outsells KFC in US comes to Islington
- Credit: Archant
Food fans travelled to Islington from as far as Switzerland on Tuesday to get a taste of a world famous chicken chain which outsells KFC in America.
Chick-fil-A, which has more than 2,000 stores in the US, was handing out free chicken on Upper Street as it served its first ever portions of hand-breaded bird in the UK.
Superfans of the brand Sabrina Rush and Loren Long told a Gazette photographer they had travelled more than 500 miles from Switzerland just to get a taste of the chain’s famous chicken sandwich.
The pair were photographed with company Chief Executive Dan Cathy who made the trip to help promote the brand in Europe.
The fast food restaurants’s logo is a cow holding a sign which reads “eat mor chikin”.
John Featherston, a spokesman for Chick-fil-A, said: “The pop-up is an opportunity to continue Chick-fil-A’s discovery of new methods to serve delicious, freshly prepared food and a wonderful experience.”
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 'The case for Arsenal starting places for Martinelli and Tierney'
- 5 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 6 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 7 Safety measure or danger? Two weeks to decide Liverpool Road cycleway fate
- 8 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021