‘Fantastic’ Hornsey Road fitness class fundraises to beat brain cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Hornsey Road fitness instructor led a “fantastic” Zumba class to raise cash for a brain cancer charity on Saturday.
Paul Webb ran the free masterclass at The Factory Fitness and Dance Centre to raise funds for the Brain Tumour Research charity.
Paul was driven to action after his friend, Caroline Steel, 37, was diagnosed with a grade 3 anaplastic astrocytoma brain tumour. Caroline underwent radiotherapy and surgery and is currently being treated with chemotherapy.
“The STRONG by Zumba masterclass was fantastic and I’m already planning more events,” said Paul.
“It shocked me that someone as fit and healthy as Caroline could be diagnosed with a brain tumour.
You may also want to watch:
“I was also appalled to learn that brain tumours kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer yet, historically, just 1 per cent of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to this devastating disease.”
The charity is calling for an annual spend of £35million in order to improve survival rates and patient outcomes in line with other cancers such as breast cancer and leukaemia.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 4 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 10 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up