Fantastic Mr Fox - Theatre Review
Young and old are in for a cracking time, as Roald Dahl’s cunning tale FANTASTIC MR FOX is performed by puppets at Jacksons Lane in Archway Road, N6.
LIKE many people I absolutely loved Fantastic Mr Fox the movie and my five-year-old daughter Samira is even more of a fan.
So when the opportunity arose to visit Jacksons Lane to see Mr Fox’s rather apt whistling to his pals in this Roald Dahl classic tale - performed by puppets - we jumped at the chance.
We were intrigued by the format and our first impressions were that the set was interesting and very well thought out.
The three farmers projected well throughout the show displaying fine voices, however the dialogue was a tiny bit hard for younger kids to understand in parts.
You may also want to watch:
But overall this is a fun and endearing puppet show that is also strong musically. The artistry and execution of the puppets, who go through various digging scenes, was excellent, and the chicken farm scene brilliant.
In the words of Samira, the real critic: “It was fun Daddy. I loved it, there were so many puppets. Can we see it again?”
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
Make no mistake, the show is aimed at a young audience rather than the adults that accompany them, but it’s a great way to keep the kids entertained this festive season – and it is really good fun.
* Showing at Jacksons Lane in Archway Road, N6, until Friday, December 31