Fantastic Mr Fox - Theatre Review
Young and old are in for a cracking time, as Roald Dahl’s cunning tale FANTASTIC MR FOX is performed by puppets at Jacksons Lane in Archway Road, N6.
LIKE many people I absolutely loved Fantastic Mr Fox the movie and my five-year-old daughter Samira is even more of a fan.
So when the opportunity arose to visit Jacksons Lane to see Mr Fox’s rather apt whistling to his pals in this Roald Dahl classic tale - performed by puppets - we jumped at the chance.
We were intrigued by the format and our first impressions were that the set was interesting and very well thought out.
The three farmers projected well throughout the show displaying fine voices, however the dialogue was a tiny bit hard for younger kids to understand in parts.
But overall this is a fun and endearing puppet show that is also strong musically. The artistry and execution of the puppets, who go through various digging scenes, was excellent, and the chicken farm scene brilliant.
In the words of Samira, the real critic: “It was fun Daddy. I loved it, there were so many puppets. Can we see it again?”
- 1 Teenager arrested in Deshuan Tuitt murder investigation
- 2 Teenage Highbury Fields fatal stabbing victim named by police
- 3 Inside the esports gaming arena coming to Islington's Upper Street
- 4 Landlord who did not provide kitchen for tenant fined £40,000
- 5 Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- 6 'Like a tsunami': Burst water main floods Islington street
- 7 'All I could see was the water coming up': Clean-up begins after Holloway flooding
- 8 'The grim history of London's water supply'
- 9 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 10 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
Make no mistake, the show is aimed at a young audience rather than the adults that accompany them, but it’s a great way to keep the kids entertained this festive season – and it is really good fun.
* Showing at Jacksons Lane in Archway Road, N6, until Friday, December 31