Faringdon Post Office sent to new home
A POST office branch is being sent to a new address.
The branch in Farringdon Road, Farringdon, is moving down the road from numbers 81-89 to numbers 39-41.
The Post Office is going ahead with the move after a period of consultation drew no responses.
A Post Office spokeswoman said: “This move will secure Post Office services to the local community in the longer term and will enable us to offer an enhanced service.
“Customers will benefit from a brand new, modern purpose-built serving counter, a self-serving Post and Go terminal, a low-level serving counter, a low-level writing desk and an external ATM.
You may also want to watch:
“The premises will have level access with an automatic door to assist customers with mobility constraints. There are designated disabled bays outside the premises and there is a pay and display car park within 200 yards. The same range of services will continue to be available and customers will still be able to collect benefits in cash using our everyday banking services or the Post Office card account.”
The shop will close at its current location on Friday February 18 and reopen in its new home on the morning of Monday February 21.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 9 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 10 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?