Farringdon Station opens new entrance
FARRINGDON station has a new entrance which is only open during peak times.
The new gate in Turnmill Street has replaced what has been a temporary entrance until recently.
David Statham, First Capital Connect projects director, said: “This is good news for our passengers”.
The work has been done as part of the station’s redevelopment which will see a new concourse, new ticket hall, a new roof and the restoration of the station building.
The redevelopment is scheduled for completion in 2012 before the Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
It will lead to more frequent and longer trains on the Thameslink Bedford to Brighton route and longer opening hours for the Cowcross Street ticket hall.
The Farringdon station works are part of a major �6bn redevelopment programme on the Thameslink route to increase capacity and accessibility to their route.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing