Fashion icon Marie Scott named as victim in Holloway moped crash
- Credit: Archant
Renowned fashion journalist Marie Scott has been named as the woman tragically killed following a collision with a moped in Parkhurst Road, Holloway, last week.
Ms Scott, 75, had been returning home from a night out with friends at Gerry’s Club in Soho when the accident occurred.
Marie had been a journalist in fashion and men’s tailoring for over 50 years, and was hugely well known in the business, maintaining an active social life.
“She’s been described in some of the reports as an elderly woman, but no one who knew her would describe her that way,” her niece, Jan Chamier, told the Gazette at Marie’s Holloway home yesterday.
Ms Scott and her late partner John Taylor were popular figures at Soho’s French House on Dean Street, and worked together from the early 1960s up to Mr Taylor’s death in 2003.
During her glittering career Ms Scott worked at many well known fashion outlets, including as editor of Saville Row Magazine for 16 years. She had recently sold the publication to a new owner, and was continuing to work as a freelance journalist.
Following sale of the publication Ms Scott had become actively involved in local causes, including playing a leading role in conservation of the nearby Hillmarton conservation area.
- 1 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 2 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 3 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 4 Covid patients in north London hospitals with Plan B rules set to lift
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 8 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 9 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
“In recent years she enjoyed gardening, was a big animal lover and was a well-known figure in the community,” Jan said. “Still slim and attractive and with multi-coloured hair, she could often be seen walking her beloved bull terriers locally.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the accident to come forward.
Ms Scott’s funeral will take place on June 1, with a venue to be confirmed at a later date.