Fashion icon Marie Scott named as victim in Holloway moped crash
- Credit: Archant
Renowned fashion journalist Marie Scott has been named as the woman tragically killed following a collision with a moped in Parkhurst Road, Holloway, last week.
Ms Scott, 75, had been returning home from a night out with friends at Gerry’s Club in Soho when the accident occurred.
Marie had been a journalist in fashion and men’s tailoring for over 50 years, and was hugely well known in the business, maintaining an active social life.
“She’s been described in some of the reports as an elderly woman, but no one who knew her would describe her that way,” her niece, Jan Chamier, told the Gazette at Marie’s Holloway home yesterday.
Ms Scott and her late partner John Taylor were popular figures at Soho’s French House on Dean Street, and worked together from the early 1960s up to Mr Taylor’s death in 2003.
You may also want to watch:
During her glittering career Ms Scott worked at many well known fashion outlets, including as editor of Saville Row Magazine for 16 years. She had recently sold the publication to a new owner, and was continuing to work as a freelance journalist.
Following sale of the publication Ms Scott had become actively involved in local causes, including playing a leading role in conservation of the nearby Hillmarton conservation area.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 2 Holloway fire 'caused by unattended chip pan'
- 3 'Good Samaritan' chased off random attacker who hit woman
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Thornhill School's 'dream' library opens after parents' 'relentless' fundraising efforts
- 6 Four teenagers deny murdering 17-year-old Anas Mezenner
- 7 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 8 Can you help identify this man?
- 9 'Light at the end of the tunnel': Upper Street shoppers excited to end lockdown
- 10 Campaigners debate future of Holloway Women's Building with Peabody Trust
“In recent years she enjoyed gardening, was a big animal lover and was a well-known figure in the community,” Jan said. “Still slim and attractive and with multi-coloured hair, she could often be seen walking her beloved bull terriers locally.”
Police are appealing for anyone with information about the accident to come forward.
Ms Scott’s funeral will take place on June 1, with a venue to be confirmed at a later date.