Fast Show star Charlie Higson joins Islington students for quick-fire quiz
- Credit: Archant
‘Swiss Tony’ congratulates winning team after event at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
TV star Charlie Higson joined Islington students at a quick-fire University Challenge style quiz.
The event, at Aresnal’s Emirates Stadium, in Drayton Park, Holloway, on Febraury 12, saw teams from schools, colleges and youth with their hands on the buzzer.
Young Consumers, organised by Islington Council’s Trading Standards team and supported by Arsenal in the Community, tested 14 to 17-year-olds about their shopping rights, how to look after their money and their environment and how to be a responsible citizen.
A nail-biting contest ended with students from Central Foundation beating the Police Cadets on the very last buzzer question to take the trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams will now compete at the London final at City Hall on the March 18.
Cllr Paul Convery, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “It’s very important young people the young people know their rights so they don’t get ripped off.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
“It’s great to see how much they know, and I’d like to thank Charlie Higson for taking time out of his busy schedule to host this quiz for Islington’s young people.”