Fast Show star Charlie Higson joins Islington students for quick-fire quiz
- Credit: Archant
‘Swiss Tony’ congratulates winning team after event at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
TV star Charlie Higson joined Islington students at a quick-fire University Challenge style quiz.
The event, at Aresnal’s Emirates Stadium, in Drayton Park, Holloway, on Febraury 12, saw teams from schools, colleges and youth with their hands on the buzzer.
Young Consumers, organised by Islington Council’s Trading Standards team and supported by Arsenal in the Community, tested 14 to 17-year-olds about their shopping rights, how to look after their money and their environment and how to be a responsible citizen.
A nail-biting contest ended with students from Central Foundation beating the Police Cadets on the very last buzzer question to take the trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams will now compete at the London final at City Hall on the March 18.
Cllr Paul Convery, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “It’s very important young people the young people know their rights so they don’t get ripped off.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
“It’s great to see how much they know, and I’d like to thank Charlie Higson for taking time out of his busy schedule to host this quiz for Islington’s young people.”