Fast Show star Charlie Higson joins Islington students for quick-fire quiz
- Credit: Archant
‘Swiss Tony’ congratulates winning team after event at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium
TV star Charlie Higson joined Islington students at a quick-fire University Challenge style quiz.
The event, at Aresnal’s Emirates Stadium, in Drayton Park, Holloway, on Febraury 12, saw teams from schools, colleges and youth with their hands on the buzzer.
Young Consumers, organised by Islington Council’s Trading Standards team and supported by Arsenal in the Community, tested 14 to 17-year-olds about their shopping rights, how to look after their money and their environment and how to be a responsible citizen.
A nail-biting contest ended with students from Central Foundation beating the Police Cadets on the very last buzzer question to take the trophy.
Both teams will now compete at the London final at City Hall on the March 18.
Cllr Paul Convery, Islington Council’s executive member for community safety, said: “It’s very important young people the young people know their rights so they don’t get ripped off.
- 1 WATCH: Sauna fire rips through Old Street leisure centre
- 2 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 3 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 4 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 5 'Fear, isolation and distress': Pentonville Prison during Covid-19
- 6 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Protesters march in final attempt to prevent incinerator contract
- 9 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 10 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
“It’s great to see how much they know, and I’d like to thank Charlie Higson for taking time out of his busy schedule to host this quiz for Islington’s young people.”